Today we went to New York City.
There's a lot to see in the city, and I found out I'm really not much of a big city person. I like to sit and take things in, and there certainly aren't many places to do that in downtown New York City. Plus, we didn't really have anyone with us who knew the area, and I always like when people tell me little interesting stories.
However, we did go to see the New York Public Library, and walked past lots of famous buildings, with a final destination of Central Park. For me, it was just too many people, too many things going on, too hot, and too humid. It was an interesting experience all the same. I got an icecream cone, and the train ride was actually really nice, so I guess those are both pluses.
In the movies, they always make New York City look like there aren't that many people in it. But I guess that's because they are filming, and they kind of cut the people out as much as possible. Maybe they even film in the off season, if there is one. I don't know. And pictures people take never quite do it justice. I guess people try not to stand in your picture.
All in all a day of adventure and sight-seeing. Above picture I took, in case you were wondering. In Times Square.
No comments:
Post a Comment